Father: Roland (Roley) Jacobs
Mother: Millian Ann Carter
Spouse: Joseph Runyon
m: 24/Jul/1809 - Montgomery Co., VA
Child-1: Eliza R. - b: ~1810 - Wythe Co., VA - nra:
2: Elizabeth Kindred (Betsy) - b: 12/Feb/1812 - Tazewell Co, VA
d: 6/Jul/1889 - Spruce, Bates Co., MO - bur: Johnstown Cem.
m: 16/Apr/1835 - Harden Knuckels or Nuckels - Tazewell Co, VA
3: Charity - b: 1/Sep/1816 - Tazewell Co, VA
d: 1/Feb/1890 - Grundy Co., MO - bur: Hatton Chapel Cem.
m: 30/Oct/1834 - William Bartley Tabor - Tazewell Co, VA
4: Polly - b: 1818/1819 - Tazewell Co, VA
m: 2/Sep/1852 - Abraham Smyth - Tazewell Co, VA
5: Nancy Moore - b: 12/Apr/1822 - Tazewell Co., VA
d: 29/Aug/1888 - bur: Harry Cem., Tazewell Co, VA
m: 3/Nov/1840 - James Harrison Tabor - Tazewell Co, VA
6: Milla Ann (Milly) - b: 24/Apr/1822 - Tazewell Co, VA
d: 21/May/1882 - Grundy Co., MO - bur: North Evans Cem.
m: 6/Nov/1845 - Thomas Marrs - Tazewell Co, VA
7: Martha - b: 1825 - Tazewell Co., VA
m: 3/Dec/1840 - Lewis Belcher - Tazewell Co, VA
8: Isaac Q. - b: ~1828 - nra: 1860
m: 17/Feb/1848 - Rachel Blankenship - Tazewell Co, VA
9: John - b: 1830/1831 - Tazewell Co., VA
d: 1852 - Tazewell Co., VA
It is believed that Nancy Jacobs was born in Montgomery County, Virginia, about 1782. She was a daughter of Roland (Roley) and Millian Carter Jacobs and married Joseph Runyon in Montgomery County on July 24, 1809, in a double wedding with her sister, Theodocia, whose husband was Drewery Evans. Subsequently, Nancy Jacobs Runyon moved with her husband and family to Tazewell County, Virginia, and evidently spent the remainder of her life in this locality. She is believed to have died about 1848, since she was apparently living on April 17, 1847, when Joseph Runyon and his wife sold a parcel of land to Pleasant Franklin. Concomitantly, she was absent from the household of Joseph Runyon, which appeared in the 1850 US Census for Tazewell County. No burial place is known.Source Citations:
1. Johnstown Cemetery, Bates County, Missouri (www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2142328&CScn=Johnstown&CScntry=4&CSst=26&CScnty=1403&, continuously updated).
2. Hatton Chapel Cemetery, Grundy County, Missouri (www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=557563&CScn=Hatton&CScntry=4&CSst=26&CScnty=1436&, continuously updated).
3. Harry Cemetery, Tazewell County, Virginia (www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2152377&CScn=Harry&CScntry=4&CSst=48&CScnty=2891&, continuously updated).
4. Robert and Amos Runyon, Runyon Genealogy, privately published, Brownsville, TX, 1955, pgs. 110-1.
5. Ancestral File: 1D4M-FB6 & 12PS-7FJ, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, UT, continuously updated.
Return to Index