(1 point each)
1. Electrophilic aromatic substitution reactions usually need a catalyst such as a
c) Lewis acid
d) H-bonding solvent
2. Electrophilic aromatic substitution involves a cationic intermediate in which positive charge is delocalized by resonance to which positions?
e) ortho & para
3. Which of the following substituents is a deactivating ortho,para-director?
4. Using the benzyne mechanism for substitution of m-chlorotoluene by NaNH2, the possible products are
d) all of the above
5. The compound below that would react fastest in a nucleophilic aromatic substitution reaction is