Organic Chemistry I
Professor Carl C. Wamser
You must log on to Blackboard to submit your answers.
Your answers must be submitted before 8:30 am, Wed., Oct. 1
1. An atom with 16 protons in its nucleus could be
* c. S
e. can't tell
2. In the molecule CH3OH, the O will have how many lone pairs?
* c. 2
3. The atom with a formal + charge in the best Lewis structure for HNO3 is
* b. N
d. more than one atom will have a formal + charge
4. VSEPR would predict that the structure of CO2 would be
* a. linear
5. The strongest acid in the list below is
* d. HCl