Organic Chemistry I
Professor Carl C. Wamser
Chapter 1 Pre-Quiz
You must log on to WebCT to submit your answers.
Your answers must be submitted before 8:30 am, Wed., Sept. 27
1. The element with the highest electronegativity is
* d. F
2. The best Lewis structure for sulfuric acid (following the octet
would have how many covalent bonds to S ?
* c. 4
3. In an electrostatic potential map, a blue area represents
a. high electron density
* b. low electron density
4. The strongest acid in the list below is
* a. hydronium ion
b. hydrogen fluoride
5. Which of the following would generate the most basic solution
when dissolved in water (at equivalent concentrations) ?
a. sodium acetate
c. sodium bicarbonate
* d. sodium carbonate
e. sodium cyanide