Organic Chemistry I
Professor Carl C. Wamser
Chapter 9 Pre-Quiz
You must log on to WebCT to submit your answers.
Your answers must be submitted before 8:30 am, Wed., Nov. 23
1. Acetylene is a stronger acid than
* c. ammonia
d. none of the above
2. Propyne can be synthesized from acetylide anion and methyl iodide using what type of reaction?
* d. SN2
3. Addition of two equivalents of HCl to acetylene gives
* a. 1,1-dichloroethane
4. Acetone (dimethyl ketone) could be made by hydration of which alkyne?
* b. propyne
5. The following synthetic sequence would generate what final product? propene treated with Br2, followed by excess NaNH2
* c. propyne