Return to class homepage.
Reading: McSween (1989)
1. Give a brief description of the following types of achondrites: (a) eucrite, (b) diogenite, (c) howardite, (d) ureilite.
2. How are diogenites produced?
3. There are two models for forming eucrites: (1) as liquids produced during partial melting, and (2) as residual liquids during fractional crystallization. Discuss the pros and cons of these two models.
4. There are two models for forming ureilites: (1) as cumulates during fractional crystallization, and (b) as residues during partial melting. Discuss the pros and cons of these two models.
5. Which models for forming eucrites and ureilites
does the author prefer?